Delicious Homemade Anzac BiscuitsWednesday, April 08, 2015
Recently, I've had a very strong urge to bake cookies. I'd seen so many recipes for chocolate chip cookies, but decided I'd go with a more traditional biscuit. Honestly, I don't think you can beat Anzac biscuits.
- 180g rolled oats
- 150g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 115g golden syrup
- 125g butter
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted. Combine the water and bicarbonate soda and add to the butter mixture.
- Pour into the oat mixture and and mix until fully combined.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto trays lined with non-stick baking paper, and flatten (allowing room for spread).
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.